The purpose of a smile makeover is to make you feel more comfortable and natural when you smile at the world. Putting your best look forward raises your self-esteem and provides you with greater opportunities, both personally and professionally. And if you want to improve your smile, you have to go to the most skilled dentist you can find.
While every cosmetic dentist offers a smile makeover, you should look for a dentist with extensive training in general dentistry and full mouth reconstruction, as well as cosmetic procedures. A dentist like Dr. John Koutsoyiannis at Sohosmile knows that the best-looking smile has its foundation in healthy teeth and gums.
Dr. John is willing to do more than just place veneers on your teeth and call it a makeover. While he has expertise in making dental veneers, he offers a full range of options for making your smile its best, from teeth whitening to porcelain crowns.
Methods Used for Your Smile Makeover
If you’re looking for a higher standard of care, your SoHo cosmetic dentist has several procedures in his toolbox to make your smile makeover a lasting success. Depending on your goals and your needs, you may choose a simple procedure that can be done in an afternoon or a series of steps that may take months to complete. Your choices include:
- Teeth whitening
- Composite bonding
- Clear braces or Invisalign aligners
- Dental or porcelain veneers
- Dental implants
Your smile makeover cost depends entirely on the procedure or number of procedures you and your dentist decide to do. Your cosmetic dentist makes the most of your smile while respecting your budget.
Considerations and Improvements Covered by a Smile Makeover
Your Soho dentist pays attention to multiple facets of your mouth as he plans your makeover. Your skin tone, facial appearance, hair color, gum tissue, lips and teeth size, shape and color all factor into your personalized treatment plan. Dr. John covers all of these topics with you at your initial consultation, and he encourages you to ask questions.
He understands that the most successful smile makeovers take your entire facial composition into account. The goal is to provide a pleasing and balanced whole. Some of the improvements a good smile makeover addresses include:
- Crooked, overlapping or misshapen teeth
- Missing teeth
- Tooth color and shading
- Gaps between your teeth
- Teeth too small in size
- Tooth lengthening
- Tooth proportions
- Matching your upper tooth line and lip line (or smile line) for an aesthetically pleasing appearance
- The balance between your teeth and facial features, creating fuller and more youthful lips, cheeks and smile
Serving SoHo and Surrounding Areas
Cosmetic dental center NYC is located in SoHo, but this boutique cosmetic dental practice serves anyone in Lower Manhattan who’s searching for high-quality dentistry with the care required of an extensively trained and conscientious cosmetic dentist. Other neighborhoods served by Sohosmile include:
- Hudson Square
- South Village
- West Village
- Battery Park City
- Greenwich Village
- The Financial District
- Downtown NYC
Quality Methods and Results Maintenance
The highest quality materials and methods ensure the best results. Your dentist at Sohosmile uses dental study models, wax molds and dental imaging software to accurately measure and map your mouth. The before-and-after pictures of previous cases give you visual proof of what to expect. To make the most of your smile makeover cost, however, you must maintain your results by:
- Pursuing good dental hygiene with daily brushing, flossing and regular dental checkups
- Using mouthwash with no alcohol to help preserve your dental work
- Reducing your consumption of liquids that can potentially stain your teeth, such as coffee, tea, and sodas
- Avoiding foods that are high in sugar
- Limiting your between-meal snacks
- Reducing the amount of alcohol you drink, as it can adversely affect your dental work
- Ceasing your habit of chewing on hard items such as pens, nails or ice