Both teens and adults want to know how to straighten teeth without braces. Modern dentistry has made it possible. When you’re fitted for Invisalign, overlapping front teeth can be straightened without any braces. At Sohosmile, you have a slew of options and get the benefit of all the latest orthodontic techniques and procedures. Visit Sohosmile, a cosmetic dental practice, to learn how to straighten teeth the most effective and least noticeable way.
When considering orthodontics, teenagers and braces seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly. Today, it’s not just teens asking about braces; more and more adults are choosing to get their teeth straightened. Dr. John Koutsoyiannis at Sohosmile wants to help you with the latest techniques, and he knows how to straighten teeth without braces.
Dr. John has access to the technology behind teeth straightening. As it continues to make strides, it’s becoming more popular with adults. Even if you had braces as a teen, you may desire another teeth straightening treatment in adulthood. While your SoHo dentists have experience working with teens, their focus is on teeth straightening for adults.
Whether you’re looking for a complete smile makeover or hoping your overlapping front teeth can be successfully treated, your cosmetic dentist in SoHo has answers. Discuss your options during your initial consultation.
The Benefits of Teeth Straightening
Deciding to straighten your teeth can improve more than just your appearance, although that is definitely the biggest plus. Other health benefits of straightening overlapping teeth include:
- Reducing pain in your fascial muscles or jaw
- Eliminating the need to grind your teeth
- Fixing any speech difficulties that resulted from misaligned teeth
- Improving your ability to chew easily
- Reducing headaches and earaches that accompany an improper bite
- Preventing the possibility of you biting the inside of your cheeks
- Opening constricted air passages
Proper alignment of your teeth also helps make it easier for you and your dentist to clean, assess and care for your teeth. So while your smile does benefit, your health does too.
How to Straighten Teeth with Clear Braces
Your SoHo dentist provides multiple options for teeth straightening. You may only require an Invisalign retainer for teeth straightening. And although regular braces are one option, most adults prefer not to have obvious metal braces. Clear braces provide an alternative to metal.
Clear braces use small, square brackets bonded to the front or the back of your teeth. Your dentist uses wires and elastics to gradually force your teeth into the correct position. Clear braces are more discreet, resistant to staining and aesthetically pleasing in comparison to normal metal braces. They’re also gentler and easier on your teeth and gums.
How to Straighten Teeth without Braces
For overlapping teeth, Invisalign has become a popular corrective method. Invisalign uses a series of virtually undetectable aligners, each worn for about two weeks. Invisalign boasts many benefits, such as:
- Greater self-esteem due to progressively improved appearance with a virtually invisible dental appliance
- A much shorter treatment time because aligners are frequently changed
- Quick, easy removal for eating, brushing, flossing, playing instruments or playing full contact sports
- Normal diet without the expected restrictions of metal or clear braces
- No concerns with broken wires or brackets
- Fewer office visits
- Close to 20 years of satisfied clients
Dr. John often recommends Invisalign, and adults tend to like the Invisalign process. Unlike teens, adults have the discipline to wear the aligners the required 20 to 22 hours a day.
Concerns about Straightening Teeth
If you have any concerns about straightening your teeth, ask your SoHo dentist. In particular, you may wonder about:
- The strength of clear braces vs. metal
- The staining of clear braces or Invisalign aligners
- The frequency of visits to your dentist for adjustment and change
- The length of time your treatment requires
- The pros and cons of removable Invisalign vs. nonremovable clear braces
- The cost of treatments
You may initially see your cosmetic dentist due to concerns over your appearance, but the benefits of teeth straightening exceed a pleasant smile and greater self-confidence. Reducing headaches, improving digestion and helping to eliminate stress on bones and tissue that are trying to compensate for crooked teeth can enhance your health in many ways.
Visit the Best Cosmetic Dentist in SoHo
When you want straighter teeth, go to the best cosmetic dentist, one who looks after your oral health while satisfying your cosmetic goals. Sohosmile is a boutique cosmetic dentistry practice that provides the best methods of how to straighten teeth for teens and adults. Located in SoHo, it’s easily accessible from any of the surrounding neighborhoods:
- Downtown NYC
- West Village
- Greenwich Village
- South Village
- Battery Park City
- The Financial District
- Hudson Square
First impressions make a world of difference, especially in job interviews and in the public eye. Clear braces, a retainer for teeth straightening or Invisalign aligners help you reach your goals in a discreet manner. Contact your SoHo dentist to find your best smile.